• • You are a foreigner working in Japan for more than a year
  • • You are married to Japanese
  • • You send remittance to dependents family in home country
*The more dependent you have the more refund you’ll get
Dependents Income Tax Refundable/year Residential Tax Refundable/year Total amount of Tax Refund/year
1 dependent ~¥19,300 ~¥35,500 ~¥54,800
2 dependents ~¥38,600 ~¥71,000 ~¥71,000
3 dependents ~¥57,900 ~¥106,500 ~¥164,400
*This is a approximate estimation Preparing a tax return can be confusing and complicated if you're not familiar with the process. We have specialists in Japanese tax laws so we can do all the tax return preparation for you and simply send the money to you when it comes back. The Japanese tax year is from January 1st to December 31st • We can claim your tax refund (Income Tax and Residential Tax) from Japan for up to five years • The size of the refund you get back will depend on how much you earned in Japan, how long you worked for and how long you were there for overall • You will also have contributed part of your salary into a pension fund – we can also reclaim a portion of these contributions for you. (The average Japanese Tax Refund is ¥111000)


Residence Tax

Residence tax is the amount of money that people living in the city must pay to the local tax office to contribute to the maintenance of the local social-welfare services. Residence tax is a tax that every individual with income in a year over the limit (103,000 yen / year) must pay, regardless of whether you are a student, international students, or foreigners. Residence tax is calculated based on the income of the previous year. Therefore, your first year in Japan you don’t have to pay for this tax. However, the following year, Tax authorities will rely on your income in the previous year to calculate the amount of tax you have to pay.


Tax refund service (including representative application of refund of pension lump-sum)

What kind of refund can we do?

1. Refund of the income tax and residential tax return in 5 years (foreigners or Japanese whose spouse is a foreigner)

2. 20,46 % tax refund for lump-sum withdrawal payments ( Nenkin).

3. Income tax return for foreigners who quit from work or left Japan.

We not only help you minimize the amount of tax payable to the Japanese government, but also help to refund the amount of tax arrears in previous years with comprehensive support, bringing convenience, assurance and transparent to our customers.

Reasons for Choosing Us

- We have cooperated with experienced tax advisory MASAO ISHIWATARI. Since 2013 we have assisted thousands of customers to claim their tax return.

- Trust and Achievements

- Support in multiple languages

For more information

For more information

Telephone Consultation: 03-5937-2465

From Overseas: +81-3-5937-2465


(Available also on Saturday:9:30~13:30)

Email: click here

To the top Up